Anmelden |  Registrieren

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 25 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: [ENGLISH] Great project!
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 29. Jun 2009, 00:10 
Platzwart
Platzwart
I'm pleased that the project is still alive, I look forward to the final product! 8-)

How is everything going? Are you still working on getting rights from different leagues? How many leagues are you planning on adding to the game and which ones will they be?

As for the game, is it true the release is projected for 2011 instead of July 2009 as stated a year ago?

Keep up the good work, you're doing a great job! :D

I look forward to your responses!

Profil  Offline

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: [ENGLISH] Great project!
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 1. Jul 2009, 19:35 
Global Mod
Global Mod
HC-Username: neutronius
Hey ligue1 ;)

Thanks for your feedback and welcome to our board (an english section will be available soon). Right now everything is going quite well. We're working on our first demo, making new progess every day. We spent a lot of time testing and trying different things to get familiar with all the important parts of a handball game. Unfortunately there's not much to show yet. Prototyping is usually not very interesting to look at ;) But we're still trying to give regular updates on our progress.

The rights from differnet leagues are definitely important to us but it's not an easy (or cheap) process if you look at what EA is paying for soccer-rights for example. Which leagues would be important to you?

Yes, the earliest release for a FULLPRICE game is 2011. Handball is a very complex sport and we don't want to deliver just anything. We want to develop a game, which really captures the thrill and the fun of this amazing sport and that takes a lot of work. That doesn't mean there won't be anything to test and look at earlier than that, though.

If you have any more questions, ideas or feedback. Please let us know!

Best wishes,
neutron.

Profil  Offline

BeitragVerfasst: So 5. Jul 2009, 03:06 
Platzwart
Platzwart
Thanks for the response, neutron :)

As for rights to leagues, if you can't spend too much then that's not a problem, but the main leagues like France's LNH(even if you could include the 2nd division, that would be awesome!), Germany's Bundesliga, and Spain's Asobal are definitely needed! Afterwards, you can look into Denmark etc.

I see what you mean about the date as well. I think 2011 is reasonable since the goal is to get the world's first action-packed handball game(I could be wrong here, but all I have seen are handball simulators really) started on the right foot, so it's understandable.

I look forward to seeing the updates! Good luck and keep up the good work! ;)

As for ideas: What type of modes do we have so far? Like will there be:

Friendly
Career
Tournament (Listing different cups available, EHF Cup, Champions League, World Cup and Euros too?)
League

I only listed Tournament and League separately from the career incase someone wants to play a league or tournament without the career mode, but it's not necessary if no one really needs that.

And in career: Can we actually create our own clubs if we wanted to? It would add a little creativity to the game, with us creating our logo and kits, choosing our sponsor(at the beginning, we could be provided small sponsors and as success comes with our club, bigger sponsors could start to notice etc.) 8-)

Profil  Offline

BeitragVerfasst: Di 7. Jul 2009, 13:21 
Global Mod
Global Mod
Hey ligue1!

It is really important for us to include the most important european leagues. We really want to create an authentic game and therefore there should be the possibility to play with or against the stars known from tv. On the other hand the leagues would profit from being included in our game as well, since it will get them more attention in the media and help make handball a little more popular. As for the german Handball Bundesliga I can say that they are very cooperative and will support a well-made handball actiongame. We're hoping for the same kind of support from french, spanish, scandinavian and east-european leagues.

As for the game-types:

We also think there should be the possibility to play single tournaments or leagues. A quick game vs. frineds and a trainingsmode are planned as well. The carreer-mode is extremly important to us. It's going to be the core of our game, since we not only want people to play handball, but they should really get to know the sport. So you will have to start your career at the very beginning (either with your own team or with an existing one) and work your way up to the top. The teaser already indicates what we're aiming at. The career-mode will be one of the main focusses of our game development and as we move along we will reveal more details on what we're planning to do. We're always open for new ideas, though ;)

I hope I could answer all your questions.

Best wishes,
neutron.

Profil  Offline

BeitragVerfasst: So 12. Jul 2009, 05:45 
Platzwart
Platzwart
Thanks for the response neutron! :D

Well, I just did the first piece of advertising on the EA forums, you can see my thread here:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fans ... st10251769

EA has a lot of people so this could work hopefully! Hopefully it doesn't get locked either - the EA has a reputation for not wanting other things besides its own advertised :roll:

For insurance, I also went to the Handball123 forums - you're probably more familiar with that since it's a popular place for handball fans to meet and talk handball 8-)

http://www.handball123.com/ - then look in OFF TOPIC, you'll see the thread ;)

Profil  Offline

BeitragVerfasst: So 12. Jul 2009, 18:38 
Platzwart
Platzwart
Also: Will we be able to edit the team database anytime from within the game?

Profil  Offline

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 17. Jul 2009, 01:01 
Global Mod
Global Mod
Hey ligue1!

Thanks for posting our project. It looks like handball123 already deleted the thread, but it was worth a try. We don't want to spam, only letting people know about us, who might be interested. ;)

Zitat:
Also: Will we be able to edit the team database anytime from within the game?

An editor to create and rename players and teams is definitely planned. It's not decided yet, which functions it's going to have and what it's going to look like, exactly. But we'll let you know if we have more details.

Greetings, neutron.

Profil  Offline

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 17. Jul 2009, 01:10 
Platzwart
Platzwart
Sounds good! :D

As for handball123, I expected a little bit more enthusiasm seeing as I advertised a similar game like this year or so ago. I didn't see it as spamming either since it is a handball forum and I'm sure people would like to see a handball game! Looks like they're losing out though :P

Profil  Offline

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 17. Jul 2009, 08:41 
Global Mod
Global Mod
Yes, looks like it :)

I didn't see it as spamming either, but I guess they did. I also think, that people in a handball forum would like to know about a handball videogame, but obviously some admins are not as enthuiastic. Well, no reason to be discouraged ;)

We'll keep going!

Profil  Offline

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 29. Jul 2009, 15:11 
Wischmädchen
Wischmädchen
Please contact me. I would like to do a story on this project for our website.
email: john.ryan@teamhandballnews.com

Profil  Offline

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 25 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3  Nächste